Monday, July 12, 2010

a little vacation

the little netbook has been feeling under the weather lately, behaving badly and inexplicably. for months Byron has patiently watched me try to cajole the tinybook into cooperating, but with the warranty expiry date looming, I finally placed the much-dreaded call to Acer.

After repeating the tinybook's serial number and SNID over and over to a Stephen Hawking sound-alike named Roger, I was then passed on to a nice lady in India who had me repeat the same information over and over to her. She has kindly invited me to send the netbook on a vacation to the Acer repair centre, where they will apparently do their best to rehabilitate it and return it to me in a timely fashion.

This is a year of fresh starts, so I'm open to the idea of actually doing something productive with the hours per day that I would normally spend in front of my tinybook. I have fantasies of cleaning the house thoroughly and clearing out clutter, catching up on correspondence, or perhaps even just getting to bed at a reasonable hour more often. This means that my Huje Tower at Candystand won't get any Huje-r, and my Facebook Mafia Wars account may stagnate, but maybe it's time for that...it'll be interesting to see what the next couple of tinybookless weeks will bring; may we enjoy a much more satisfying relationship once we're reunited!

No comments: