Saturday, June 19, 2010

werewolf transformations

A few years ago, during a werewolf/vampire movie watching phase, I wondered what a transformed werewolf felt during the process. Most people I asked thought it would hurt, but for some reason I always figured it would feel good, the way I think a butterfly emerging from its cocoon would feel good.

I've been happily noticing changes in myself since we've started going to the gym regularly. I feel stronger, long difficult days don't feel as long and difficult, and surprise myself by being willing to take on more and more challenges (I can now run 1.5 miles in 21 minutes, woo!)

Now, as we sit here watching From Hell I'm stretching and being vain and checking out my muscles. I'm realizing just how much my body is reshaping itself under my skin and remaining pudge, and I'm feeling a little werewolfish. I now think I have a better idea of how the transformation feels, just over a much longer time frame. It's been painful, a fair bit of reluctant, difficult work, but it feels glorious. :)

No comments: