Monday, July 14, 2008

activity update

this is further to my post about the get-in-shape challenge i'm participating in, and is more for my own reference than anything else. feel free to skip this.

we went on a 10 mile bike ride this weekend, which felt great! the toronto outdoor art show was on so down we headed to have a look, stopping for lunch and checking out the 'hood on the way.
it turned into a full afternoon of fresh air and seeing some pretty amazing art. laura vegys' vibrant, beautiful, delightfully twisted water colours were especially memorable. we went on another shorter ride, which offered a nice ride through a part of the city we don't normally see, and we've been biking a lot to our suprisingly beautiful neighborhood library, which is another fun little spin-round through the 'hood.

many thanks to byron for his continued support of my efforts to get out and be active, and for being my inspiration when i'm not making any efforts at all! whether it's spending an evening at the compost yard or an afternoon with the bees, a night out with a girlfriend, getting out on the lake, suggesting a bike ride or tolerating my constant futzing around in the garden, byron encourages me to take whatever time it takes to do the healthy things that i love, and i count my lucky stars for this influence in my life!

No comments: